Child Dental Plan
Download our child plan pdf brochure, or read it's content on this web page
Our aim is to provide high quality care and treatment in a relaxed, comfortable and safe environment. We are committed to continuing education and keeping abreast of advances in modern dentistry. Tooth decay is one of the most common preventable diseases and to prevent it requires a commitment of time and effort. With the correct habits, there is no reason why your child should not have healthy teeth for life. Research shows that preventive dentistry delivered on a regular basis greatly reduces the risk of dental disease in children and provides a platform for a lifetime of improved oral health.
With this in mind we have joined with DPAS Limited to design a dental plan for children. This plan will be administered by DPAS who will make
a separate arrangement with you to manage your payments under the plan. The plan will provide advantages both to you and to us. It will allow us to plan your child’s dental care more effectively and provide the best chance of keeping your child dentally fit. The advantage for you is that it should minimise your child’s need for fillings and extractions and you will have the peace of mind that all of your child’s preventive dental care will be covered by convenient monthly payments. Our plan also provides worldwide Supplementary Insurance for dental emergencies or dental injuries whilst at home or abroad – essential cover for the rough and tumble of childhood.
Your child's benefits
- all your routine dental treatment is included
- annual payment of full amount will receive a 5% discount
- family groups receive an extra discount
- payment by convenient monthly Direct Debit, allowing you to budget
- early identification of dental problems to prevent pain, discomfort and inconvenience
- access to a fun and interactive children’s dental health website: www.gr8smileclub.com
- access to a 24 hour dental emergency helpline 365 days per year
- worldwide Supplementary Dental Injury and Emergency Insurance.
Who is our plan for?
Our plan is designed for those parents or guardians who wish their children to participate in a regular preventive care programme and to budget on a monthly basis.
How do you enrol your child onto our plan?
We carry out an assessment to ensure that our plan will meet your needs then all you have to do is complete a registration form for us and a Direct Debit mandate and authorisation form for DPAS, on behalf of your child. In addition to your first monthly payment, an initial registration fee of £10 per child will be charged by DPAS and will be included in your first Direct Debit payment. If you choose to cancel your child’s plan for any reason you can do so by simply giving us one month’s notice.
What happens when your child reaches 18 years of age? – They will be transferred to our adults plan in the category that best suits their needs.
What does our plan cost?
- For children aged 0-8 years the plan is £10 per month.
- For children aged 9-18 years the plan costs as follows (Risk is determined by the number of fillings needed):
- £13.21 per month (low risk)
- £15.81 per month (medium risk)
- £19.90 per month (high risk).
What does our plan include?
- two preventive health examinations per year
- visits for oral hygiene and dietary advice where necessary
- all x-rays
- fillings (except cosmetic)
- white fillings wherever possible
- crowns (excluding laboratory fees)
- appointment times to suit you
- reduced waiting times
- membership card with 24 hour
- helpline numbers for dental
- emergencies at home or abroad
- worldwide Supplementary Dental
- Injury and Emergency Insurance
What happens in an emergency?
You will have access to a 24 hour, 365 day worldwide dental emergency helpline, which will endeavour to find an English speaking dentist to assist you.
If you have any questions about our children’s plan, please contact our reception team who will be happy to provide further information and guidance. Terms disclosed are subject to change without notice.
What does the Supplementary Insurance cover?
Your Supplementary Insurance provides cover for:
- up to £10,000 worth of treatment following dental injury
- temporary emergencytreatment whilst away from home in the UK or abroad (up to the limits specified)
- the call-out fee charged by a dentist opening their surgery to treat you in an emergency (up to the limits specified)
- hospital cash benefit if under the care of an oral/maxillofacial surgeon
- cash benefit if diagnosed with oral cancer
- 24 hour access to a worldwide emergency helpline
The Supplementary Insurance is designed to cover the cost of temporary emergency treatment whilst you are away from home and therefore excludes the cost of emergency treatment carried out by your own dentist, a rota dentist, or any other dentist within a 15 mile radius of your practice. However, call-out fees charged by any dentist to open their surgery (including your own dentist) are recoverable up to policy limits.
In the event of a dental injury, treatment carried out by any dentist (including your own dentist) is covered up to policy limits.
Please refer to the Policy Summary and Important Information leaflet and the Policy for full details of the benefits, terms, conditions and exclusions.